1. Register with FedEx in order to create an online account.
- Go to the fedex.com homepage. Choose your location.
- Click the Register Now link on the left hand side
- If you are a new FedEx customer, choose Open a FedEx account.
- If you already have a Fedex account, choose Use my account online.
- Fill out all of the information to create your account.
2. After you have registered, log in to fedex.com to continue on in the process.
3. Click on the Learn navigation at the top of the page.
4. Select Developer Resource Center under the Knowledge Sharing heading.
- Click on Technical Resources.
- Click the FedEx Web Services for Shipping link.
- Click the Move to Production link.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Obtain Production Key button.
5. Fill out the first part of the form exactly like the screenshot below.
6. Read the FedEx Web Services End User License Agreement and click the I Accept >> button if you accept the license agreement.
- Fill in the FedEx Account Number that you created earlier in step 1.
- Most of the form might be filled out for you based upon your previous information. Please double check to make sure this information is correct.
7. When you get to the confirmation part of the form, print or save the provided credentials. The most important part is the Authentication Key.
8. Check your email for an email that contains the credentials you will need to finish.
9. Log in to your website.
10. Click on the Store tab.
11. Click on the Settings button, then click Shipping & Taxes from the dropdown list.
12. Click the Shipping tab.
13. In the Carrier Calculated Shipping area, click the Setup button.
14. Choose FedEx by clicking on the Activate button beneath the carrier.
15. Fill in the Production Meter Number, Production Password, Authentication Key, and Account number, and press the Save button.